Make a post (public, friends locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for __ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
* If you wish for real life things (not stories or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
* Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
*Surf around your friends list (or friends’ friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list.
And now here's the important part:
*If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free do it.
* You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out; it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not it's your call.
*There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish and it might come true. Give and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1) Paid account time for LJ
2) Amazon gift certificates (sent via e-mail, PM me for it)
3) Book recs
4) Fics - drabbles are fine, and for any fandom I belong to.
And that's about it!